Christmas Wish Lists Across the Decades: 2010s Edition

Recently, novelist Harry Turtledove, the acclaimed author of Ruled Britannia, The Guns of the South, and many other alternate history stories, shared a whimsical Tweet with his followers which he titled #70sChristmasList:

Harvest gold refrigerator Avocado stove Betamax Quadraphonic sound system English Leather, or maybe Brut Cargo pants for the guys Hot pants for the women Platform shoes A leisure suit A case of Miller Lite Or of US-brewed (aka ruined) Löwenbräu

Taking inspiration from Mr. Turtledove and his amusing Tweet, I decided that I'd revisit the past four decades' worth of Christmases past and share my typical wish lists for each, starting with the 1970s and ending with the 2010s. 

As I've pointed out in my previous posts in this series, these aren't real Christmas lists that I wrote and passed around. Indeed, I often bought most of the items herein, although on occasion I did get a few of them as presents during the holidays or for my birthday. 

So, with that caveat out of the way, here's my final Christmas Wishlist for this series of blog posts.

  • Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray box set
  • The Pacific DVD box set
  • Lenovo All-in-One PC
  • The William Shakespeare's Star Wars series of books
  • IT: Chapters One and Two on Blu-ray
  • Rick Atkinson's The Liberation Trilogy box set
  • 11/22/63 by Stephen King
  • Hasbro Star Wars Black Series 40th Anniversary Legacy Display Stand (with Darth Vader action figure)
  • Star Wars: The Sequel Trilogy soundtrack albums
  • Inferno by Max Hastings
  • Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
  • The British Are Coming by Rick Atkinson 
  • The Vietnam War: A Film by Ken Burns & Lynn Novick Blu-ray set
    © 2019 Henry Holt and Company

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'