Bloggin' On: Three (Star Wars Blu-rays) Down; Three More to Go

A publicity illustration depicting the new covers of the 2019 Buena Vista Home Entertainment Re-Issues of the Star Wars films on Blu-ray. © 2019 Buena Vista Home Entertainment and Lucasfilm Ltd. (LFL)
Hello, everybody. Welcome to another installment of Bloggin' On, my blog-within-a-blog section of A Certain Point of View, which is where I write posts that are neither reviews nor commentary on today's crazy and often depressing political scene.

It's Thursday (What, already?), and here in my corner of Florida, it's already early evening. Right now it's already getting dark, and it's chilly! The temperature outside is 62℉ (16℃) under mostly clear skies, and the sun's already beneath the western horizon, so it's dark and nippy - and it's going to get nippier because the low tonight is expected to go down to 45℉ (7℃). As the old Meredith Wilson song says, "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." And apparently, it's beginning to feel a lot like what passes for winter in my part of the U.S.

Well, I don't have much to report on the reviewing side; I still have not finished Ruled Britannia, so that book review is in the Coming Soon to a Blog Near You stage. And my copy of It: Chapter Two does not get here till it "drops" on the 10th, so that's on my to-do list for next week.

I also didn't do much of anything today, to be honest. I was distracted for much of the day; I had been waiting for several Amazon orders to arrive today. One was a Christmas gift order that arrived by USPS; the other one was a package with my recent purchase of the 2019 re-issues of  Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi in Multi-Screen Edition sets.

As I remarked yesterday in my review of the Multi-Screen Edition of Star Wars: A New Hope, I already have several copies of the Blu-ray disc; when Buena Vista Home Entertainment, which inherited the distribution rights to the original six Star Wars films made during the franchise's George Lucas era from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. released all of the movies on Blu-ray back in September, I didn't rush to get them.

I changed my mind when I realized that I have digital copies of the newer Star Wars films but not the ones that Lucas dubbed The Tragedy of Darth Vader. And being the completist collector that I am, I decided last Monday to at least get the Multi-Screen editions of the Classic and Prequel Trilogies before unscrupulous third-party sellers buy them all and then resell them for a profit on their own Amazon storefronts. (I'm not, however, getting the 2019 re-issues of The Force Awakens, Rogue One, The Last Jedi, or Solo. I have digital copies of those, and I lack both cash and space to buy every item I'd love to have.)

© 2019 Buena Vista Home Entertainment and Lucasfilm Ltd. (LFL)

© 2019 Buena Vista Home Entertainment and Lucasfilm Ltd. (LFL)




According to Amazon, the two Blu-rays I needed to complete the Original Trilogy set were not supposed to get here till tomorrow. However, the Force - or Amazon's well-oiled delivery system - was with me, and I got them one day earlier.

Because I've been watching the Skywalker Saga films in preparation for the December 20 premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,  I am in no rush to open the new Blu-rays until tomorrow. Even then, I will just redeem my digital copy codes and watch some of the extras. And I'm still waiting on the shipments with the Prequel Trilogy Blu-rays, which are due to arrive between tomorrow and next Tuesday.

So, that's all the news I have to share today. Until next time, Constant Reader, see you on the sunny side of things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'