Bloggin' On: Musings and Observations for February 24, 2020

The unsung hero of Ronnie and the Pursuit of the Elusive Bliss. Photo: Alex Diaz-Granados 



Hello again, Constant Reader. Welcome to another edition of Bloggin' On, the no-reviews/no politics section of A Certain Point of View where I basically write about whatever topics cross my mind or just vent about everyday stuff that saddens or irritates me.

Well, it's Monday afternoon in my corner of Florida; right now it's mostly sunny outside; the temperature is 79℉ (26℃) and the humidity is low at 48%. It's so nice out that I'm almost tempted to go and sit out on the front porch and read for a while.

That's something that I always say I want to do; when I lived in East Wind Lake Village, I used to go with a book to the nearby pool, lie on one of the deck chairs, and read for an hour, maybe two, out in the sun and fresh air. Here, I'd be content if I went out on the porch with a book and my Amazon Fire tablet and read for a while...but for one reason or another, I never do.

Presently, I'm still thrilled with how well Ronnie and the Pursuit of the Elusive Bliss turned out. I think the final version of our short comedy is funny and smart, and considering that it was made on a shoestring budget and only has three main characters, it looks good on YouTube. Obviously, I am hopelessly biased - I wrote the script, and Juan Carlos Hernandez is my friend from South Miami High School - but the story is both timely and witty, the characters are multi-dimensional, and the jokes are hilarious. Add to that a great cast with good comic timing, a carefully-chosen score, and good editing...yes, I am definitely proud of our little comedy.

"Your dinner." Three palomillos were, indeed, burned to create this scene. © 2020 Popcorn Sky Productions
As of today, Ronnie has been seen 997 times since Juan uploaded it to YouTube on February 9; the hits-count will probably reach 1000 later tonight, and hopefully, word-of-mouth will help get our little film noticed by more viewers.

I also plan to start work on a new script for Popcorn Sky Productions this week. It will be another comedy, perhaps one with broader farce and less present-day baggage than Ronnie. I already have an idea in mind, but if you want to know more...well, you'll just have to wait.

In other news, this morning I pre-ordered the Blu-ray of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker from Best Buy. I would have preferred to order the disc from Amazon, but apparently the online shopping giant and The Walt Disney Company are still unhappy with each other, so either I ordered it at Best Buy or the Disney Store, or I'd have to wait anxiously till Amazon has it ready for pre-order. The Blu-ray doesn't drop till March 31, the same day that Buena Vista releases a nine-film Skywalker Saga box set for the UHD 4K format. I'm not good at waiting for such things to iron themselves out, so I ordered my Episode IX Blu-ray at a "sure thing" store.

Well, that's all of the news I have for you today. I need to at least go somewhere else in the house and read or watch TV for a while. So, until we meet again, Dear Reader, I'll catch you on the sunny side of things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'