Bloggin' On: Adventures in Screenwriting - Reactions to 'Ronnie and the Pursuit of the Elusive Bliss'

Illustration by Gerd Altmann via Pixabay
Well, I posted Ronnie and the Pursuit of the Elusive Bliss on several social media outlets, and so far the reactions to the film that I wrote for actor-director Juan Carlos Hernandez have been positive.

As of today, no one has written a long, detailed review, but judging by some of the comments I have read on Facebook, Ronnie works as it was intended; it is funny and at the same time it reflects the divisions in the United States during Donald Trump's Presidency.


Adria K. Woomer-Hernandez stars as Ronnie, the film's voice of reason in a chaotic environment. © 2020 Popcorn Sky Productions


Dayna P. writes:

OMG, I was dying! The mom was the best. I didn’t think she was actually going to say “fuck,” I laughed out loud when she did. ...drinking wine out of a regular glass... it is so funny. I see you got your John Denver in too.

Norma D. writes:

Wonderful! Terrific character portrayals, dialogue, and score ~ the concept played full out with heart, humor, hurt and hope. Congratulations to all of you!

John H. writes:


I loved it so very much. The mother's face at the end gave it the right touch.


So, Dear Reader, as you can see, the movie has been well-received, even by people who I thought would not have liked it due to its political undertones.

If you haven't seen Ronnie and the Pursuit of the Elusive Bliss, you can see it here on YouTube. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'