Bloggin' On: Coming Soon to 'A Certain Point of View'

Illustration by Gerd Altmann via Pixabay.
Well, hello, Dear Reader, and welcome to the Thursday, February 6 edition of Bloggin' On, the blog-within-a-blog section of A Certain Point of View where I don't write reviews or political commentary. Right now it's late morning in my nook of Florida, and it looks like the cool weather we've been having here is about to get a bit wet and less dry season-ish. Right now, the temperature outside is 79℉ (26℃) under partly sunny skies; the forecast for today calls for a high of 82℉ (28℃) this afternoon. Tonight, rain showers are expected to affect our area starting around 10 PM Eastern; the low is expected to reach 60℉  (15℃).

I haven't received any updates from Juan Carlos Hernandez about our comedy-drama Ronnie and the Pursuit of the Elusive Bliss. If you recall, the last bit of news was that Juan and his wife Adria were doing post-production stuff such as automatic dialogue replacement (ADR or "looping"), color and light level corrections, and last-minute editing. We (and I include myself in this part) also decided upon a title rather late in the process, as the original title (Happy Days Are Here Again) didn't quite fit Juan's take on the story and the other working titles were just that, working titles. I think the film will be done before the end of the month; I'm just not sure when it will be finished and uploaded to Juan's YouTube channel so you can watch it.

I was hoping to write a review of Andrew Davis' 1989 suspense thriller The Package, but I have not seen more than the first 45 minutes of the movie. Instead, I will watch it this afternoon after lunch and do the write-up tomorrow.


I also have a few other reviews in my "to-do" list, including write-ups on Cavan Scott's script for Dooku: Jedi Lost, a 2019 Star Wars audio drama about the mysterious Count Dooku, a Jedi Master who, during the last years of the Galactic Republic, became disillusioned and left the Jedi Order, eventually becoming the Sith Lord known as Darth Tyrannus.

© 2019 Del Rey Books and Lucasfilm Ltd. (LFL)
I have a few other reviews "up my sleeve," so to speak, but I'm not sure which ones I'll work on (aside from the two I mentioned above). Stay tuned.

Well, it's almost lunchtime here, so I think this is where I'll stop for now. I am hungry and a little thirsty, so I'm going to go heat up three slices of pizza from last night and wash them down with a can of icy-cold Coca-Cola. So, until next time, Dear Reader, I'll catch you on the sunny side of things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'