Bloggin' On: Adventures in Screenwriting - ADR Work is Underway!


Image by Lukas Bieri, courtesy of Pixabay
Well, hello again, dear friends and Constant Readers! Welcome to another edition of Bloggin' On, the no-reviews, no-politics zone of A Certain Point of View. It's Sunday, February 2, 2020, and as I write this, it's early afternoon in my corner of the Sunshine State. Presently, the temperature in the area is 62℉ (17℃) under sunny skies. According to the local forecast, this is as warm as it will get; the low tonight will reach 46℉ (8℃), but unless I go out for a walk and somehow get locked out, I don't have to worry about that.

As you can see from the post's title, I received another text from my filmmaking partner Juan Carlos Hernandez about the progress of our comedy-drama. Today, Juan and his wife Adria K. Woomer-Hernandez are busy doing ADR (Automatic Dialogue Replacement) work, which is recording the actors' voice performances and editing them seamlessly into the digital video. This technique is also called looping or dubbing, and it is one of the most important steps in the post-production process.

Juan also had this to say about the film:

"After some cutting and rearranging the footage, Adria likes (the movie) again. I hope the plot works out...I mean, I hope the viewer gets it. Your dialogue is awesome....my additions....I dunno."

Juan also shared a still from the title sequence...the one with my credit, to be exact:

Yay! My credit as it will appear in the finished film.  Photo Credit: Juan Carlos Hernandez. © 2020 Popcorn Sky Productions


Oh, and he also shared this one:

Adria K. Woomer-Hernandez (l) and Juan Carlos Hernandez (center) in a still from the film. Photo Credit: Juan Carlos Hernandez. © 2020 Popcorn Sky Productions


Hopefully, Juan and Adria (she's our producer as well as our female lead) will finish ADR sometime this week. I also hope we can settle on a title soon; right now the working title is Ronnie and Her Two Nincompoops, but that's just a placeholder till a better title is created.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday, but I will not be watching. I don't follow either of the two teams that are playing, so I have no "emotional stake" in the game. If the Miami Dolphins were the AFC Champions this year I'd be glued to my seat, but the Fins have not been serious contenders since 1986, so...meh. I'll probably hunker down in my study and either game for a while or watch a movie on Amazon Prime Movie or Movies Anywhere.

So, Dear Reader, this about wraps it up for this installment of Bloggin' On.  As always, I'll catch you on the sunny side of things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'