Q&A's About 'Star Wars': Are you disappointed that Rey has seemingly reforged the Skywalker lightsaber hilt, rather than constructing her own design?



Someone on Quora asks:

Are you disappointed that Rey has seemingly reforged the Skywalker lightsaber hilt, rather than constructing her own design?
No. Why would I be?
Look. I’m a movie buff. I’m a reviewer. I’m a Star Wars fan. And I’m also acquainted with creating content because I’m also a writer.
I learned long ago that I, a consumer of the Star Wars films that Lucasfilm has made from 1977 to 2019, have no say in what George Lucas or Kathleen Kennedy decide to make or green light. That applies to every other movie I have watched, whether they’re franchise films or standalone ones. Therefore, since I was 17, I have gone to each film without a wishlist of “fanboy theories” or things I want to see happen.
Same applies for Star Wars - Episode IX; The Rise of Skywalker.
In this specific instance, I am not disappointed at all that Rey managed to repair the Skywalker lightsaber. In fact, this is one of the very few plot points that I anticipated when I watched Star Wars - Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. Rian Johnson showed us that Rey had the two halves of that iconic weapon for a reason, just as Harve Bennett - over the objections of Nicholas Meyer - altered the ending to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan by showing Spock’s photon torpedo casket on the surface of the Genesis Planet. Both of these decisions were made with the same purpose: to give the viewers hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'