Coming Soon to 'A Certain Point of View': Upcoming Reviews and More....

Today is Sunday, September 22, 2019. At 10:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, the temperature in my corner of Florida is 79℉ under mostly sunny skies. With humidity at 73%, the feels-like temperature is...79℉. Per my computer's Weather app, the forecast high is expected to be 89℉, and the nighttime low will be 69℉. It is not expected to rain today, but this being Florida, we might get a passing sprinkle later. We'll see.

Usually, by this time of the day, I'd have a blog post written and posted for you to read. Unfortunately. I stayed up much too late last night trying to watch not one but two movies by Steven Spielberg (The BFG and Bridge of Spies). And yesterday I didn't do any writing; I decided to try out a new computer game I bought recently (Strategic Command: WWII: World at War), a new game from Slitherine and Matrix Games that allows players to play through the entire conflict, beginning on September 1, 1939, and ending on September 2, 1945 as either the Allies or the Axis powers.

Screenshot from Strategic Command WWII: World at War 1939-1945


Needless to say, that took a few hours out of my Saturday afternoon, even though the game is not difficult to learn. (It is, though, not easy to master, as you'll see from a YouTube video by a war games enthusiast who goes by the handle "thehistoricalwargamer".)


I also planned to do a bit of leisure reading, but I got sidetracked not only by my new game, but also by my efforts to learn John Denver's 1981 hit, Perhaps Love. 

I am not planning to sing the song, which was one of the first "popera" crossover efforts by Placido Domingo and paved the way for the success of "The Three Tenors" and singers such as Andrea Boccelli and Josh Groban, in public. (Unless I master it, and unless I ever join my Miami friends in another karaoke night event.) But I do enjoy singing, even if it is in the shower or when I'm alone in my writing room.

 As for what I have in store for the blog....

Well, I had hoped to write a review of either The BFG or The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn today, but I am in no shape to do that this morning. I went to bed rather late, and woke up (very reluctantly at that) not too long ago, so I don't feel like putting my film critic's hat on and writing a review of anything at the moment.

So this is what is on my To-Do list for this week regarding A Certain Point of View:


  • Review of either The Adventures of Tintin or The BFG
  • Review of John Denver: The Wildlife Concert
  • Review of Star Wars: Resistance (The Complete First Season)
  • Possible reviews of Shoot for the Moon: The Space Race and the Extraordinary Voyage of Apollo 11 by James Donovan and/or American Moonshot: John F. Kennedy and the Space Race by Douglas Brinkley
Hopefully, I'll be able to cross off at least two or three of the items on my list by Friday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'