On Writing & Storytelling: Waiting for My Copy of 'Reunion" (Second Revised Edition) to Come In

Image by Sabrina from Pixabay 

 After working on the revisions and edits in the second edition of my novella Reunion: A Story, I will get to see the results of my weekend's labor later today.

Sometime this afternoon, an Amazon Prime delivery van will drop off my copy of Reunion at the front door of the house where I live in Lithia. And shortly afterward, I will see for myself if the edits I made between last Friday afternoon and Monday night are present in the paperback edition. 

Currently, the only place where I can see my revisions as I intend them to be read is the Kindle Create app I used to make them. 

The view from the Kindle Create app. I had just finished reformatting the "song lyrics" (copy marked in boldface) when I took this screengrab. 



Amazon says that it takes up to 72 hours for revisions and other changes to make their way into the system. I made the last adjustments to Reunion late on Monday night and early Tuesday morning, so those won't be seen on the Kindle edition until tomorrow. 

As for the paperback? I assume that the print edition is derived from the file I uploaded when I completed the revisions. From the evidence I've seen on my Amazon order status, the paperback will sport the new cover art rather than the original from 2018. So, I'm guessing that the print edition will also incorporate the changes that are slowly appearing on the online version of Reunion (but not quite yet on the Kindle edition. 



The same section of the "song" as seen on the browser version of Kindle


And this is what it looks like on my Kindle for PC app.

The package with my new copy of Reunion is now at an Amazon facility in Seffner. It's being processed there, and sometime after 11 AM it will be marked as "Out for Delivery." 

I'll find out for myself if the edits I made recently appear in that copy. I'll let you know tomorrow! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'