On Writing and Storytelling: It's Official! The Revisions are Done, and 'Reunion: A Story' is Now Live on Amazon! (Now, Buy a Copy...Please!)

The paperback edition's new cover. © 2018 Alex Diaz-Granados

 After seven days of proofreading, revising, uploading fixes, and then waiting for the edits to “take,” the second edition of Reunion: A Story is live and available on Amazon as both a Kindle e-book or traditional paperback.

It took longer than I expected, but that’s because I had to repeat the process several times; every time I thought, “Oh, good. Everything looks fine. I’m done,” I would wait till Amazon emailed me to let me know my book was “live” in Kindle Direct Publishing’s (KDP) servers and ready to order. I would then read Reunion, find more mistakes I’d missed on the previous copy-editing pass, unpublish the book from Amazon, and start over.

Well, with all those uploads, one on top of the other, the updating slowed to a crawl, and the edits only appeared on the Kindle version in small increments and over a period of four days.

The view from the Kindle Create app. Notice that it shows a preview of how Reunion will look on a Kindle-compatible tablet. 

But around 7 PM Eastern Daylight Time, I was on the browser version of Kindle (that’s the one that Amazon shoppers can use when they’re in Amazon itself but want to read the book they just bought in a digital format) and noticed that now the Table of Contents reflected the version in the Kindle Create app I used to make and upload the fixes to Reunion.

It had not looked that way this morning or even this afternoon. But it sure does now!

I have not checked the version on my Kindle Fire HD tablet, but I think it, too, has the final revisions in its copy of Reunion.

This was a tiring, enervating, and sometimes frustrating experience, but it was worth it. The book looks more polished, and each edition has a cool new cover. And sales of the Kindle e-book have gone up a bit. That’s always nice!

You can order the paperback edition here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'