Coming Soon to a Blog Near You: Upcoming Posts for 'A Certain Point of View'

Screenshot of Strategic Command WWII: World at War. © 2018 Fury Software/Slitherine Ltd. 
Hi, everyone! Welcome to today's "upcoming events" blog post in A Certain Point of View. As the weekend approaches, I'd like to let you know what my plans are regarding content and the future of this blog.

In the near future, I'll try to focus my attention on writing reviews and back off from writing about politics, the conservative/liberal divide, and Donald Trump. This will probably result in a slow-down as far as creating blog posts since much of my energies as of late were spent writing about the toxic political scene at home and abroad. Additionally, I closed my Quora account this morning, and because most of my Trump-related content was derived from my answers on that site, I'll be forced to come up with new material that will be exclusive to A Certain Point of View if I have any hopes of getting any income from AdSense and Google.

So, Constant Reader, I don't know if I'll be able to write one or two posts every day from now on. Probably not, but since I'm not really working on anything else at the moment, the blog will not be as neglected as it was from 2012 to 2015.

I do have at least one PC game review in the planning stages, and that's the Strategic Command WWII: World at War one that I've been teasing lately. I could try writing one this week, but honestly, I have not played the game enough for a comprehensive review.  So look for it at some point in the near future – maybe as early as Monday.


As you can see, the game gives players easy-to-digest summaries at the start of a new turn. © 2018 Fury Software/Slitherine Ltd.

I've had this game for almost two weeks, and although I only play it in dribs and drabs, so far I'm impressed with Strategic Command WWII: World at War. I love the graphics, plus the game designers and programmers did a nice job at making it a cool "beer and pretzels" game that gives players a taste of tabletop wargaming in a way that is challenging but not as insanely complicated as Slitherine's Gary Grigsby's War in the West.  (That game is so detailed that you practically need a doctorate in computer science and four years' worth of a military education from West Point to play!)

I have some new books in my library, too, so look for reviews on those as well.

In other news, my mom would have celebrated her 91st birthday today. I'm trying hard not to dwell on her passing, but most of the changes in my life are connected, in ways both large and small, to her death in July of 2015. Obviously, I miss her a lot, even though I do feel that the weight of being her caregiver was almost too much to bear. Plus, by the end of her life, Mom was suffering a lot. Depression, being confined to a room she hated with a passion, and the loss of her cognitive abilities caused her to deteriorate faster than I or anyone else would have liked. I'm not a man of faith, but if there is another plane of existence, I hope my mom is restored to her younger, happier self and reunited with my dad.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'