Bloggin' On: An Update

Hi, there, Dear Reader!

Well, last time we talked, I told you what my plans were for this week regarding "A Certain Point of View." They were, you'll recall, modest in scope; I'm not working on any big literally projects at the moment, so I've pretty much decided to focus on the blog until I can get my shit together as a writer and crank out a story I can be proud of no matter what the format is; ideally I'd like to do a novel, but every time I've started working on one, I either listen to bad advice from well-meaning people or I become intimidated by the prospect. And, yes, I know; novels, short stories, and screenplays don't write themselves. Either I write one, or I should stop calling myself a writer and give up. I'd rather write one - even if it's bad - than admit defeat. But until I can figure out what story I want to tell, I'll stick to the blog and see if I can get it to the 1000-posts mark.

Anyway, about those plans I announced last week: I said I would attempt to write at least five reviews from a list that looked like this:

  1.   Baseball: A Film by Ken Burns - Inning Seven: The Capital of Baseball (1950-1960)
  2.   The Path Between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal 1870-1914
  3.   The War of 1812: A Forgotten Conflict
  4.   Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (Dark Horse Comics graphic novel)
  5.   To Be Determined
I'm pleased to announce that as of today, I can check off three of the four named products on that to-do checklist. Since Monday, I have written: 

  1. Book Review: The Path Between the Seas: The Creation of the  Panama Canal 1870-1914
  2. Book Review: The War of 1812: A Forgotten Conflict (Bicentennial Edition)
  3. Book Review: Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (Dark Horse Comics TPB)  
I'm not sure if I'll review The Capital of Baseball tomorrow or choose another media product to write about. I do need to get all of the episodes (or innings) of Baseball: A Film by Ken Burns done; I just dislike the logistics of the review process. We'll see what develops, as the old Polaroid commercials used to say.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'