Bloggin' On: Coming Soon to 'A Certain Point of View' & Other Updates

Photo Illustration: Pixabay


Hello, Gentle Reader, and welcome to another edition of Bloggin' On, the blog-within-a-blog where I don't write either political commentary (which is not my forte anyway) or write reviews of movies, books, TV shows, or music albums. This, if you will, is my "miscellaneous" or even my "personal space" section, and I'll be talking a little bit about this and a little bit about that.

It's already early afternoon here in my little nook of Florida, and it's a lovely late January day here. The weather is quite pleasant right now; the temperature outside is 66℉ (19℃) under mostly sunny skies; per the forecast, it might get a bit warmer as the high is expected to reach 71℉ (22℃). Tonight the low is expected to reach 54℉ (10℃) around 11 PM Eastern time. Those temperatures are not ones in which I'd stay out-of-doors without the proper cool weather clothing, but they remind me of the typical late fall climate in Sevilla (Seville), Spain, a city where I lived and studied Spanish language and social studies in 1988.

Well, I got off to a later-than-usual start today; as a result, I can't start writing any sort of review unless I end up staying at my desk longer than necessary, and that's not something I want to do. I can, however, give you a preview of what I have in the works for A Certain Point of View. 

Coming Soon


© and ℗  1977 Sony BMG Music Entertainment
I decided recently that while I will still buy music albums on compact discs (CDs), I must acknowledge the reality that sometime in the not-too-distant future the format will go out of vogue with the recording industry and that I'll have to stream or download most of my music purchases.

Because I have to watch my budget, I can't buy too many digital albums in a single month. I do, after all, have adult obligations that I must meet, so I have to pick my entertainment purchases wisely. That having been said, I did buy the digital edition of Great Performances: Bizet - Carmen & L'Arleienne Suites, which features performances by the National Philharmonic Orchestra (a now-disbanded orchestra based in London created by producer and conductor Charles Gerhardt purely for recordings and film scores) under the baton of Leopold Stokowski. 

So, yeah, I should be writing a review of that album soon. 




I also expect to be writing some book reviews as well, including the long-promised write-up about Harry Turtledove's Ruled Britannia, a novel in which the Spanish Armada defeated the British navy in 1588 and Philip II's armies invaded and conquered Britain, and Cavan Scott's script for the audiobook Star Wars: Dooku - Jedi Lost. 

© 2019 Del Rey Books (an imprint of Random House Penguin) and Lucasfilm Ltd. (LFL)
I am about two-thirds of the way into Turtledove's Ruled Britannia, so chances are that I will review that book first. 

I haven't received any texts from Juan up in New York today, so I assume that he is working on the movie on his off-hours from acting gigs and all the other stuff he does up there. He seems to be happy with our comedy-drama, and since we are in "post," I believe we should see the finished film sometime in late February or early March. 

Well, that's all the news that I have for you today, so I think that wraps it up for this edition of Bloggin' On. So, until next time, Dear Reader, I'll catch you on the sunny side of things! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'