Bloggin' On: Coming Attractions and Musings for January 12, 2020

© 2004 Sony Legacy
Hi there! Welcome to another edition of Bloggin' On, the blog-within-a-blog section of A Certain Point of View where I step out of my usual roles of media reviewer and sometimes political commentator. It's almost noon in my corner of Florida as I sit here, and it's a relatively warm and humid day. Right now the temperature outside the house is 80℉ (26℃) under mostly sunny skies. Per the weather app on my PC, the forecast calls for a high of 86℉ (30℃) and more clouds, more humidity. These temperatures don't make the days feel like it's winter; rather, it feels almost as though summer was drawing nigh.

Yesterday was a stay-home day for my significant other and me. She spent most of her Saturday doing chores and taking down Christmas decorations, while I spent most of my day either watching Great Voices Sing John Denver and John Denver: The Wildlife Concert or doing prep work on my upcoming novel. I haven't started writing it yet, mind, but I have begun the process of coming up with character names and a working title. (The title is, for now anyway, The Tonic of Their Victory, which is from a quote from America's best-known war correspondent from World War II.) 

I don't think I'll work on the novel today, though; I went to bed late last night and woke up feeling a bit tired and unmotivated. So lacking in energy I was earlier this morning that I waited till I had breakfast and my morning coffee to write this post. And even after having a decent morning repast (and three cups of coffee) I still feel like slothing, so I'm not going to write any reviews or commentary about the situation between the U.S, and Iran.

Speaking of reviews...

Well, last week I wrote three reviews (An Evening with John Denver on the 6th, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on the 7th, and Great Voices Sing John Denver (2013 film) on the 10th, so you can expect to see at least two new reviews this week. I still have not listened to John Denver: Definitive All-Time Greatest Hits, so I'll probably do that tomorrow and then write the review on Tuesday.



I did watch Peter Jackson's World War I documentary They Shall Not Grow Old last Wednesday, but I think I need to watch it again at least one more time before I attempt to write about it.

I might also write a book review at some point, but I haven't decided which title I shall write about. So I'll put that in the "Might Review at Some Point" category for now.

As for the rest of today, I think I'll just sloth. Maybe I'll go find a nice comfy niche in the house and read, or maybe I'll watch one of the 269 movies I have on Blu-ray on our TV in the common room.

So, until next time, Dear Reader, that's all the news that's fit to print. Catch you on the sunny side of things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'