Bloggin' On: #AddAWordRuinABook

Photo Illustration Credit: Pixabay
Last night, while I was on Twitter, I came across a tweet by novelist Harry Turtledove, the guy who writes alternative history novels along the lines of Guns of the South and Ruled Britannia. I follow him on Twitter, and although I can't say we are "friends" or even "acquaintances," we have exchanged tweets and replies on that social medium. He has even liked quite a few of my tweets, especially if they are about writing, books, or politics. (On that topic, we both share a dislike for Donald Trump and his divisive brand of "conservatism.")

Anyway, before I logged off from my computer last night before dinner, I came across one of Harry's typically clever tweets:


#AddAWordRuinABook For Whom the Jingle Bell Tolls To Have Lunch and to Have Not The Great Big Gatsby Catcher in the Rye Bread The Halloween Mask of Apollo Johnny Got His Squirt Gun A Toll Bridge Too Far




And since I love this sort of wordplay, I replied with my own list of Ruined Book Titles:

Replying to

#AddAWordRuinABook
The Guns of the South Bronx At Dawn We Slept In Under the Silver Dome The Hunt for Red October Sales The Lord of the Onion Rings Ruled Notebook Britannia The Forever Impeached War Cold War and Peace Miracle at the Midway The Longest School Day

And a few minutes later, I added this:

A Christmas Carol Channing Goodbye, Christopher Columbus Run, Trix Rabbit Trump: The Art of the No Deal Patriot Parlor Games The Sum of All Math Fears Band of Step-Brothers Citizen Kane Soldiers

I have more books that I could probably ruin by adding a word to their titles, but I better just stop there. I could be here all day coming up with twisted titles, which would be fun, but hardly productive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'