A Word from the Screenwriter/Associate Producer: A Quick Update on the Popcorn Sky Project's GoFundMe


 Hi, there, Dear Reader. It's me again, with a quick update on our fundraising efforts to finance Popcorn Sky Production's next film, the one to which I am attached as screenwriter and associate producer. 

Well, as you may have read in my previous post, we had passed the $500-in-donations (we need $50,000) in our GoFundMe campaign last time I wrote. Well, that was enough to get the clock running on the project; that means that the screenwriter was officially paid to start the first draft of the script. Since we don't have the money to begin production any time soon, I'm not rushing through the process - I am still trying to work on the outline for Act One and I have already written the first shot. No action or dialogue; I am not that far into the script, but at least I know how the film should start. 

Most of my focus, like it or not, has been on raising funds, which is why I am an AP as well as the designated screenwriter. And so far I have been somewhat successful; our GoFundMe has collected $800 as of this post on April 9. 

I'm pleased about this, of course, but at the same time, I am aware that the folks in New York estimate that our budget requires at least $49,200 more. 

This weekend I will take time off from the screenplay, but I'll still take time to share the campaign's link on social media and on my two blogs.

If you would like to donate to the campaign, you can do so here: 


Popcorn Sky's next film by Alex Diaz-Granados


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'