Bloggin' On: Odds and Ends - November 26 Edition

A glimpse at a part of my Blu-ray collection, courtesy of my member page at Blu-ray.com. Some of the movies I own in 2019 were ones that I bought for Mom during her last four years; I kept them for sentimental reasons. 


Hello and welcome once again to Bloggin' On, the "blog-within-a-blog" section of A Certain Point of View. It's Tuesday, November 25, and as I write this it is mid-afternoon here in my corner of Florida. The weather outside is nice, right now it's mostly sunny and the temperature is 72℉ (22℃); the low is expected to reach 51℉ (10℃) tonight, but I don't foresee myself venturing outside for any reason. I should at least try to sit out on the front porch with a book and get a bit of fresh air and sun, but I don't have any desire to do so.

A little while ago I saw on my Amazon account that the home media release of It: Chapter Two is available for pre-order, so I did that. Warner Bros. is dropping the various videodisc (Blu-ray, 4K UHD Blu-ray, and DVD) editions on December 10, and since that's one of the two theatrical releases I've gone out to see with my better half, I decided to order it so I'll have it the first day it's out. I should have written a review of It: Chapter Two after seeing it on the big screen, but Andy Muschietti's 169-minutes-long adaptation of Stephen King's 1986 supernatural horror novel deserves a decent writeup; one viewing did not suffice, so I have to wait till I see It: Chapter Two a couple of more times before I can review it properly.

Today has been an unproductive one, at least as far as writing goes. I wrote a review yesterday, of course, and I'm not obligated to write a review or opinions piece every day; no one is paying me for content, and my ad revenue is so pitifully low that I can honestly say I make a few pennies a day in a good week, and those "good weeks" are few and far between. And even though I signed up for the NaNoWriMo challenge for 2020, the contest is over 11 months away. I do plan to start prepping as soon as possible, but again, the only one pressuring me to write is me, not some distant client that I have never met in person.

Image courtesy of NaNoWriMo


Truth is, folks, is that every so often there are times when I can't say to myself, "Okay, tomorrow I'll blog about X film, Y TV show, or Z book, or about Trump's latest outrage." Picking a media product to review isn't always easy, and constantly bitching about the barbarian in the White House is exhausting, both mentally and emotionally.

Also,  I can't always review Star Wars collectibles, since many of the ones I own are stored where I can't easily grab them for a review or, conversely, I already have reviewed them on A Certain Point of View. And I can't buy a lot of new action figures or vehicles, either; I can't afford to do so, and even if money wasn't an issue, there is still the matter of limited space in which to display and/or store my collection. The house where I live is not mine, and I can't just take over every bit of empty space, either.

So...I think I'll go out of my writing room/study and either read a book or watch some television. I don't feel like gaming; I've been doing plenty of that as it is, and sometimes I feel guilty after I do because the time spent on, say, Unity of Command II could have gone into something more productive.

You know, like prepping that novel for NaNoWriMo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'