Bloggin' On: Coming Soon to 'A Certain Point of View'

Hello and welcome once again to another installment of Bloggin' On, the "blog within a blog" in which I step out of my usual roles of the online reviewer and political commentator. I'm sorry that I have not been writing as often as I was before late October, but with the 400-posts-for-the-year mark rapidly approaching, I figure that I can slow down a bit now that I've achieved the goal of writing 365 posts in a single calendar year...and exceded it.

It's Sunday, November 17 (Already? Wow!) and it's morning here in my corner of Florida. Right now the temperature is 51℉ (10℃) under mostly cloudy skies, and the forecast high will be approximately 65℉ (18℃), and even though no rain is in the forecast, the rest of the day will be mostly cloudy. A cold front (the first strong one of the season) has passed through, and the rest of the week will be cool and definitely fall-like.

As for what you can expect to see on A Certain Point of View shortly...

Well, I still owe you that review of John Carpenter's Christine; I had hoped to have that puppy written by now, but between trying to master Strategic Command WWII: World at War and the need to take a break from posting daily, I haven't gotten around to it. I'll rewatch it this week (I've only watched it once since I bought the Christine Blu-ray late last month, and even though I have written movie reviews based on one viewing - see my writeup of Roland Emmerich's Midway), I often watch movies I own on Blu-ray or DVD at least twice before I do the review. So, Dear Reader, please be patient, I'll get it done.

I'm also reading a few new books, including Robert Hutchinson's The Spanish Armada: A History, which I purchased after getting Harry Turtledove's alternative history novel Ruled Britannia, which looks at a Britain in which the English do not defeat the Armada and is occupied by the armies of Philip II.


© 2002 New American Library

© 2014 Orion Publishing Co. and St. Martin's Press



And as you can probably guess from the video at the top of this blog post, I also hope to review the second season of Star Trek: Discovery, the CBS All-Access prequel to Star Trek: The Original Series. I don't subscribe to CBS All-Access, a pay-to-watch streaming service, so I've had to wait till Paramount Home Entertainment released the three-disc Blu-ray set on November 12.

I have been watching Season Two over the past few days, so I foresee a review of the adventures of Michael Burnham and the crew of USS Discovery will be on my "to do" list this week.

© Paramount Home Entertainment and CBS Studios
Well, Constant Reader, that's all I have to say for today. So until next time, be safe, be well, and stay groovy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'