A Quick Update: On Blogging, WordPress, & West Side Story (2021)


 Hey, there, Dear Reader.

I know, I know. I don’t write too many posts here anymore. I regret that, but once a bunch of conservatives – or maybe it was only one or two conservatives, I don’t know for sure – complained to Facebook that I was posting politically-themed stuff that they didn’t like, the Powers That Be in Meta’s corporate HQ decided to block A Certain Point of View from the “Social Network.”

I had no way to appeal that decision; Facebook/Meta makes it so hard to get a punitive decision regarding what you post on Facebook that it was just easier to go over to WordPress and create A Certain Point of View, Too. I did not want to, nor did I love the idea of paying a yearly fee to have my own domain name and other benefits from a premium account, but if I wanted to share my blog on Facebook – which was one of this blog’s biggest sources of readers – I had to do the “WordPress” thing.

As I’ve said in previous posts on this topic, I thought I’d be able to either write two blog posts per day on each site – Blogger and WordPress. Barring that – since I do have to write screenplays and whatnot – I considered a “one day for Blogger, one day for WordPress” schedule.

That “alternating blogs” idea seemed the best option to choose, and I would have taken it…had it not been for one thing: reader engagement.

See, over on WordPress, I soon built up a following. Not in one day, of course, and clearly not in a week. But in less than a month, I had acquired over 30 followers on A Certain Point of View. Compare that to the current 24 followers that I have now – and I started this blog in 2010…or 2011.

Currently, I have 463 followers on WordPress. 463 > 24.

Also, I get more feedback on WordPress – non-spammy feedback, anyway – than I do here. In the decade or so that A Certain Point of View has been on the Internet, I have only received 30 or so comments, most of which I have replied to. Hence, the comment count (as I write this) is 70 in all.

Over on WordPress? Since I started A Certain Point of View, Too, I have received well over 700 comments, all of which I have replied to. Thus, my comment tally on WordPress is 1,327 (as of February 17, 2022).

If you’re going to write a blog daily, you must go where readers appreciate what you offer them and respond. That’s why I do the whole blog thing.

So, yeah. I write there every day, while here I now only write, at best, once a month.

Anyway, there’s not a lot going on in Lithia, Florida. .

© 2022 20th Century Studios


© 2022 20th Century Studios


The only thing I look forward to is the arrival of my two West Side Story (2021) pre-orders from Best Buy and Target.

Content-wise, both sets have the same stuff: the 4K UHD Blu-ray, the 2K HD Blu-ray, and the code for the digital copy. The difference between the two lies in the collectible packaging: the Target 4K order has a traditional Tony-and-Maria “at the Dance In the Gym” painting on the cover art, and it also has two collectible art prints.

Best Buy exclusive steelbook. 
© 2022 20th Century Studios


Best Buy offers a collectible steel book package with different artwork on the cover and no extra collectible prints. I wasn’t going to get it, until I saw that if I paid $3.98 extra up front, I would have a better chance of getting my West Side Story set on March 15, the appointed “street date” for its release.

So, yeah, Dear Reader. That’s the one thing I’m looking forward to in March. More so than my last birthday as a 50-something.

Well, that’s all the news I have for you, so I’ll just sign off here. Until next time, Dear Reader, stay safe, stay healthy, and I’ll catch you on the sunny side of things.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'