February Update: Yes, I'm Still Here, and I'm Starting a New Screenplay



Hi there, Dear Reader. It’s been a while since I last posted, but since I have been focusing on A Certain Point of View, Too – you know, the blog on WordPress that I had to create in late March of last year because this one is blocked on Facebook – it can’t be helped. It’s hard coming up with good posts for one blog – at least, it is for me; so coming up with good material for two is doubly so. I tried coming up with a workable scheme – at one point, I thought about writing on one blog on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and writing on the other on the other four days, but I’m just not that organized.  

Anyway, yesterday I started working on a new screenplay for my friend Juan Carlos Hernandez’s small indie film company, Popcorn Sky Productions. I have not come up with a title yet, so I’m calling it Project X until (a) I break the story and (b) somebody at either end of the pipeline (Tampa or New York City) comes up with one. I have no idea how long its gonna be, but I do know that it is going to be a more dramatic sequel to Ronnie and the Pursuit of the Elusive Bliss. (At least, that’s the plan. I might change my mind once I get to the “breaking of the story” part, since all I have in my head are ideas for three scenes and a vague idea about what the story is going to be about.

Here is how I plan to open the film, though:

This is what I have in mind for the pre-main titles sequence for the next film: 

FADE IN:

We see a series of CARDS (black with light-colored text) as OMINOUS or MOURNFUL MUSIC plays in the background) 

INSERT CARD #1:

IN AN UPSET VICTORY OVER HILLARY CLINTON, DONALD J. TRUMP IS ELECTED TO THE PRESIDENCY OF THE UNITED STATES DESPITE LOSING THE POPULAR VOTE BY 2.8 MILLION VOTES.

INSERT CARD #2: ON JANUARY 20, 2017, DONALD TRUMP IS SWORN IN AS THE 45TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.  THE NEXT DAY, HE REGISTERS WITH THE FEDERAL ELECTION COMMISSION AS A CANDIDATE FOR THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

INSERT CARD # 3: IN THE SPRING OF 2020, AS THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC WREAKS HAVOC THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, TRUMP BEGINS HIS MONTHS-LONG CAMPAIGN AGAINST VOTING BY MAIL, CLAIMING IT WILL RESULT IN MASSIVE ELECTORAL FRAUD.

INSERT CARD #4: IN JULY 2020, TRUMP REFUSES TO SAY HE WILL ACCEPT DEFEAT IF THE ELECTION RESULTS IN A VICTORY FOR HIS DEMOCRATIC OPPONENT, JOE BIDEN.

INSERT CARD #5: ON SEPTEMBER 22, 2020, TRUMP SAYS, "WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS...GET RID OF THE BALLOTS AND YOU'LL HAVE A VERY PEACEFUL - THERE WON'T BE A TRANSFER, FRANKLY. THERE WILL BE A CONTINUATION."

INSERT CARD #6: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2020.  ELECTION DAY IN THE UNITED STATES.

CUT TO:

EXT. NEW YORK CITY - NIGHT - CONTINUOUS

We see the skyline of the great metropolis silhouetted against the night sky, with their lights ablaze like the stars of a galaxy.

And that’s all I have as of this morning. I’ll write more this afternoon.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'