Bloggin' On: Checking In and Update for June 6, 2020

Checking In

 

 

Image credit: Pixabay

Hi, Dear Reader. It’s been a while – a month, almost – since I last posted here on Blogger. I didn’t plan it that way, but I’ve been working hard to establish A Certain Point of View’s sister blog – named A Certain Point of View, Too – over on WordPress. That endeavor is going well; I have over 60 posts up there and I have 68 followers so far – which is almost three times as many as this blog has now. I don’t have as many pageviews on WordPress as I have here, but this blog is far older and has over 1300 posts. Nevertheless, A Certain Point of View, Too is doing okay and I’m happy with it…even though I am not pleased at the reason why I had to create it in the first place.

I had hoped that I’d be able to juggle writing for two blogs at once, either by creating content for both on a daily basis and posting at night, or by writing here one day and writing there the next. I had no set plan for this juggling act, though, so I’ve been focusing on WordPress more, partly because it’s new and a bit easier to create posts in than the “new” Blogger, but mostly because I don’t have unlimited time online during the business week, And, to be honest, I don’t have the stamina to write two blog posts a day – even if I use Word (like I’m doing now) to write the copy and then copy-paste the text onto the blank page on either site.

So, anyway…I’ve been busy with that, and now that I have to be offline a lot during the work week I now spend a great deal of time reading. More time than usual, although sometimes I use my offline time to game. Consequently, I’ve been able to finish at least three of the books on my TBR list. They are:

  • Tower of Skulls: A History of the Asia-Pacific War, July 1937-April 1942, Richard B. Frank 
  • The World Unmade: The History of the Great War, 1914-1918, G.J. Meyer
  • The World Remade: America in World War I, G.J. Meyer 

I still have a few of the other books on my TBR list on the unfinished category. They are:

  • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Expanded Edition, Rae Carson
  • Star Wars: Resistance Reborn, Rebecca Roanhorse 
  • Star Wars - Dooku: Jedi Lost, Cavan Scott  

Of these, the book I’ve read the most of is Dooku: Jedi Lost; it’s the script for an audiobook rather than a full-on novel, but it’s good. I am way past the halfway point, and I can see why Dooku would be susceptible to being converted by Darth Sidious into the ways of the Sith, though at the point of the story where I am currently, Dooku is still a Jedi Master and training a young Padawan named Qui-Gon Jinn.

Other than that…I have bought a few new Star Wars: The Black Series figures, ordered some new books, and written quite a few new reviews for A Certain Point of View, Too. But, aside from that…nothing much happens here, especially since we still have the pandemic and now the George Floyd protests out there.

Yesterday, for instance, I re-reviewed Darryl F. Zanuck’s The Longest Day, just in time for the 76th anniversary of the Normandy landings on D-Day. And the day before that, I wrote a memoir about the first time that I watched The Longest Day.

I hope you are well and staying safe and healthy in these scary and uncertain times. As you can see, I’m still kickin’ and writin’. I don’t go out much – so far since COVID-19 altered the entire globe’s routine, I’ve only left the house twice, and that was to go cash a check at a bank’s drive-through section. So, Dear Reader, I will take my leave of you for now. Until next time, I’ll catch you on the sunny side of things.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'