A Public Service Announcement: I Am, Regardless of Naysayers, a Writer, or: Opinions Don't Equal Facts

 

I don't know why, but apparently, there are some folks who need to be reminded that "opinions" stated as "facts" are not really facts.  I don't care if a person firmly believes something as ridiculous as "you're not a real writer because you don't have a publisher behind you" or any such nonsense. 

This is my official position on the topic: 

I will no longer listen to anyone who says, “You’re not a real writer.”

I write every day. That makes me a writer.

I studied journalism at both South Miami High and Miami-Dade College. Even won an award for my work on the college student newspaper during my freshman year. That, too, makes me a writer.

I’ve written for clients, and I have also been paid by websites for my writing. That makes me a professional writer.

I have two self-published books available for sale on Amazon and Barnes & Noble (online store only, though!). A third book is in the works. That makes me a writer, too.

Oh, and I’ve written or co-written several screenplays that have been made into short films (viewable on YouTube), and I’ve helped produce another one. Guess what? That makes me a writer, as well.

End of discussion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'