Humor: The Coffee Drinker's Creed

Photo Credit: Alex Diaz-Granados



The Coffee Drinker's Creed

(A Riff on the U.S. Marine Corps' Rifleman's Creed)

This is my coffee mug. There are many like it, but this one is mine. 

My coffee mug is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.


My coffee mug, without me, is useless. Without my coffee mug, I am useless. I must drink my coffee completely. I must take in its warm goodness to defeat my fatigue that is trying to cloud my mind.

I must drink my coffee before my coffee is cold. I will.

My coffee mug and I know that what counts in this morning is not the lure of sleep, the grogginess in our mind nor the bed that calls to us. We know that it is the caffeine that counts. We will drink.

My coffee mug is human, even as I am, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn my coffee as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its beans, its caffeine, its aroma, and its taste.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my coffee mug clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will.

Before God, I swear this creed. My coffee mug and I are the defenders of my clarity. We are the masters of our sleepiness. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until lucidity is ours and there is no weariness, but alertness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'