Reflections: 1,000 Posts In....


Hello, there, Gentle Reader, and welcome to the 1,000th post of A Certain Point of View. 

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since we began this journey on July 4, 2011, which is when I wrote the first post on this blog. On that occasion, I wanted to introduce myself to...well...you, explain why I named the blog A Certain Point of View, and to share the story of how and why I became a Star Wars fan. 


The famous Star Wars logo designed in 1976 by Dan Perri. ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. (LFL) 


In First Things First..., I wrote:

Welcome to A Certain Point of View, my new blog here at Blogger.com. My name is Alex Diaz-Granados and I'm a (a) writer, (b) budding screenwriter, (c) single guy, (d) online reviewer and (e) die-hard Star Wars fan of the "1977 Generation" who still remembers when the first movie was simply titled Star Wars and not, as it has been known since 1981, Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope.  (I also seem to be a rarity among Star Wars fans from the '77 Generation because I like the Prequels and the digitally-retouched versions of the Classic Trilogy as much as I love the original editions that I watched in 1977, 1980 and 1983.)

I distinctly remember that I focused deliberately on one topic; writing about a subject that made me happy and distracted me from the bleakness of my circumstances at the time was intentional. At the time, I was still trying to find a happy medium between managing the household, taking care of my bed-ridden mother, and still making a concerted effort to having a set routine as a writer.

Additionally, I was striving to set a positive tone for my blog and make it a place where the reader - you - would want to spend some time in and read some of my musings, anecdotes, and - most important - my many reviews of books, movies, Star Wars collectibles, music albums, PC games, and television series on DVD or Blu-ray.

What I didn't want to do back then, my friend, was to turn A Certain Point of View into a chronicle of my mom's illness and eventual death, although every once in a while I would write a few situation updates about Mom's current state (which was hardly ever good) or my struggles as a caregiver (which were many and utterly depressing).

My blog includes computer game reviews...from time to time. © 1992 MicroProse Software.


Over the past seven-plus years, the blog has become my go-to place to share my views. Most of my posts, as you've probably noticed, focus on pop culture and media reviews; I no longer have any review sites like Epinions or Examiner to write for, so the stuff that I used to write there I now post here instead. I also share some of the answers that I write on Quora when I need a break from review-writing or if there are things going on in the nation and the world at large that I feel need to be discussed.




On occasion, I will write something about my personal life, but knowing that there are folks out there that don't like me much and would love to get dirt on me for nefarious reasons, I have cut back on
"Dear Diary" type posts.  (Also, there are some people, most of them being family members who live in other countries and aren't aware of the realities of my life as it was when Mom was ill, who have criticized me for speaking "ill" about a particular relative.)

But otherwise, this blog is going to stay focused on the topics you see covered regularly, ranging from Q&A's About "Star Wars" to reviews of games, books, Blu-rays, and music albums in my pop-culture collection. There's bound to be some political stuff, too; although I promise to not turn A Certain Point of View into a political blog, I do reserve the right to express my views when I feel the need to vent or criticize the present Administration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'