And now, a few words from our blogger.....

Hi, all. It's a hot mid-spring day here in the ol' Sunshine State; it is hot (91 degrees), muggy, and it looks as though we may get some scattered storms this evening. I'm as well as I can be; I am getting over a cold that has been bugging me since last week, but other than that, I'm in good shape. There are days when I miss my mom so much that I can't think straight, but by and large my life is slowly but surely getting back on an even keel.

(C) 2011 Yale University Press


I was going to write a book review of Robert Gerwarth's Hitler's Hangman: The Life of Heydrich today, but I feel sleepy and can't focus well enough on the task to do a good job, so I'll put it aside for a while. It's an interesting biography of the only Nazi leader targeted for assassination by the Allies during the war, so it deserves a well-written critique.

 But. I. Don't. Feel. Up. To. It. At. The. Moment.

Right now I'm having a hard time staying awake, and the mere thought of having to come up with an informative-yet-witty book review gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I would love to say that I'll review Hitler's Hangman tomorrow, for sure, but I think I will end up writing about The Seven-Per-Cent Solution, the first movie ever written by Nicholas Meyer.  Herbert Ross (The Turning Point, Footloose) produced and directed it, but Meyer adapted his own 1974 Sherlock Holmes pastiche novel  - and earned an Academy Award nomination for it. Shout! Factory released The Seven-Per-Cent Solution in a Blu-ray/DVD combo set in 2013; I recently acquired a set and plan to watch it tonight.

So, on that note, I'll be signing off for the day. Peace out, gang! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'