Musings for Tuesday, February 17, 2015

It's quiet in my writing nook here in what used to be our dining room. I'm waiting for my lunch (two Nathan's hot dogs and Pepperidge Farm buns) to be ready. I'm not usually a lunch person, but I've been up since 6:57 a.m. and I ate breakfast about an hour later, so I'm a bit hungry now.

I'm also waiting for a phone call from the substitute home health aide; our regular HHA had to take care of some personal business and asked Nursing South for the day off.  The sub called at 9 this morning and said she'd be here around 1 or so this afternoon; it's now 1:44 p.m. and she has not called yet.

Most annoying, I think, but substitute HHAs often say they'll be here at X hour and end up getting here at Y. Either they get delayed by their duties in other patients' houses or get lost on the way here...but it's always something with the people from Nursing South.

Mom slept well last night. In fact, she slept 14 hours, with only one interruption (when the tardy HHA sub called to say she was coming at 1 p.m,). I was afraid that Mom would wake up early; she's not the easiest of patients to care for if she is alone with me for more than a few hours, so I let her sleep as much as possible. I woke her up at 12:05 p.m. thinking that it would be best to give her breakfast and her morning medications before the HHA arrived.

As I write this, Mom's probably napping. She doesn't read the newspaper or watch TV on her own now, so having a meaningful conversation with her is hard. It's depressing, and I'm ashamed to admit this, but I prefer to be here at my computer and let her sleep rather than keep her company...at least during the day.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many movies have been made based on Stephen King's 'It'?

Talking About Tom Clancy's 'Ryanverse': Was Jack Ryan a Republican or a Democrat?

Movie Review: 'PT-109'